Glass fiber mat is a kind of glass fiber products. Glass fiber is an excellent inorganic nonmetallic material.
English formerly known as: glassfiber. Ingredients are silica, alumina, calcium oxide, boron oxide, magnesium oxide, sodium oxide and the like. It is a glass ball or waste glass as raw material by high temperature melting, drawing, yarn, weaving and other technology. And finally the formation of various types of products, glass fiber monofilament diameter from a few microns to twenty meters a few microns, equivalent to a hair of the hair 1 / 20-1 / 5, each bundle of fiber raw silk has hundreds or even Thousands of single-wire composition, usually as a composite material in the reinforcement materials, electrical insulation materials and insulation materials, circuit boards, widely used in various areas of the national economy.
Its main components are silica, alumina, calcium oxide, boron oxide, magnesium oxide, sodium oxide, etc., according to the amount of alkali in the glass can be divided into alkali-free glass fiber (sodium oxide 0% to 2% Borosilicate glass), alkali glass fiber (sodium oxide 8% ~ 12%, boron-free or boron-free calcium silicate glass) and high-alkali glass fiber (more than 13% sodium oxide, sodium Silicate glass).
Raw materials and their applications: glass fiber than organic fiber temperature is high, non-combustible, anti-corrosion, heat insulation, good sound insulation, high tensile strength, good electrical insulation. But the brittle, wear resistance is poor. Used to make reinforced plastic (see color chart) or reinforced rubber, as a reinforcing fiber glass fiber has the following characteristics, these features make the use of glass fiber far more than other types of fiber, the development speed is also far ahead of its characteristics are listed below:
(1) high tensile strength, elongation is small (3%).
Glass fiber cut yarn
Glass fiber cut yarn
(2) high elasticity coefficient, good rigidity.
(3) elastic limit within the large elongation and high tensile strength, so the absorption of large impact energy.
(4) for the inorganic fiber, with non-flammable, good chemical resistance.
(5) water absorption is small.
(6) scale stability, heat resistance are good.
(7) good processing, can be made into stocks, beams, carpets, weaving, and other different forms of products.
(8) transparent through the light.
(9) with a resin having a good adhesion to the surface treatment agent.
(11) is not easy to burn, high temperature can be made into glass beads.